Thursday, July 13, 2006

Butt Nothin'

Clara Grace and her daddy prepared to board an elevator on Thursday, July thirteenth. Unfortunately, her daddy wasn’t aware of the new responsibility his daughter had recently inherited from her mommy of pushing the buttons. The little girl looked on in utter disbelief as her daddy called the elevator to their floor and the number four button lit brightly. “My butt!” she announced as she tried to convey her frustration. “My butt! My butt!”

It was during these last enthusiastic exclamations that the elevator doors slid open to reveal a full cart. “My butt!" Clara Grace protested once more then turned to the crowd, waved, and offered a cheery “Hello!” Once that courtesy was out of the way, she turned back to her daddy and, just for good measure, reminded him once more, “My butt!” Of course, this evoked riotous laughter from the confused elevator passengers.

No comments: