Sunday, September 02, 2007

Just Like Mommy

After Clara Grace’s her daddy buckled her into the car seat for a run to the grocery store on Saturday, July the twenty-eigth, she filled the ride to the supormarket with polite and engaging chatter. Her daddy complimented her, “You’re smart,”

“I am smart,” Clara Grace agreed.
“You’re pretty too,” her daddy remarked.
“I’m so pretty,” Clara Grace confirmed.
“And you’re funny,” her daddy admired.
Clara Grace laughed and answered, “Yes, I’m very funny.
“You’re also nice, you know,” her daddy concluded.
“Yes I am,” his daughter acknowledged matter-of-factly. “I’m just like mommy.”
Her daddy smiled then inquired, “You mean you’re like mommy because she’s smart and pretty and funny and nice?”
“Yes she is,” Clara Grace replied.
“So, is your brother, Everett, like Daddy?” he probed further.
“No,” the little girl answered thoughtfully. “Everett is like Everett, Daddy is like Daddy, but I am just like Mommy.”

No comments: